We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual with a strong scientific background and hands-on experience in PV industry, new material and structure design, intellectual property systems. The person in this role will be responsible for understanding the competitive landscape for PAVENERGY including the IP landscape, testing new formulations or structures as well as devising application-specific test vehicles to validate that key requirements are met. In addition, this scientist may be responsible for performing research to design innovative formulation or alignment concepts in-line with PV road construction requirements, run tests and studies. The candidate will be part of the highly talented multi-disciplinary R&D team of PAVENERGY in Shanghai.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develop thorough understanding of the material, construction assembly and reliability requirements and support our Head of Technology in developing new products to create profitable growth for the PAVENERGY business platform.
* Develop test instruments to mimic construction requirements in both assembly and reliability testing.
* Drive the evaluation of landscape and IP.
* Contribute to the generation of Intellectual Property.
* Contribute to new material formulations and support various R&D projects, run experiments and evaluate results.
* Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental processing and reliability results.
* Maintain accurate and timely records of experimental designs, assay development, experimental results, and data analysis.
* Support strategy for optimization of material and structure development.
* Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio.
Education and/or Experience
* PhD in Chemistry, Metallurgy or Materials Science with 10+ years of experience in an appropriate technical or scientific discipline; or Graduate Degree in Chemistry, Road Construction Engineering, PV related field or Materials Science with >15 years of experience in PV industry.
* Hands-on experience in road construction /material technologies or PV module design.
* Must be able to work on assigned projects independently and to complete projects of high quality in a timely manner.
* Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze, troubleshoot and overcome technical hurdles independently and methodically with minimal guidance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* A broad understanding of the material and process equipment set utilized for PV and road applications is a must along with ability to operate such equipment.
* Prior intellectual property experience including writing and reviewing invention disclosures is a must.
* Understanding of reliability testing and test vehicle generation along with the aptitude to design and execute said tests.
* Understanding of Design of Experiments methodologies, and experience analyzing data using statistical analysis tools.
* Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
* Ability to stay proactive and cooperative working in a small team environment.
* The ability to communicate fluently in English is essential. The ability to speak other languages such as German, French would be an asset.
* Regular international travel is required, with total travel time no more than 30%
* Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills
* Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, and e-mail/calendaring database systems, such as Outlook are preferred.